9.09.2015

We're taking a couple of days off to go to Houston and produce an assignment for an international client. Back in writing trim Friday.

Jacob in the set shop with paint. 25mm f1.4 Leica lens.

I spent some time at Zach Theatre today. Rona Ebert and I are working on images to be used to show off all the work that goes on behind the scenes to put on great plays. I shot this image this afternoon in the set shop. I shot about a thousand frames today but it's not really that much. Maybe 60 different images set ups with variations. I shot mostly available light with fast lenses on an Olympus OMD EM5.2. I am consistently impressed with how well that camera nails WB and overall flesh tones. The project will continue on Saturday as well document a rehearsal from out behind the scenes perspective.

For some of the shots I needed a bit more fill or a bit more direction to the light and I brought along a small LED panel just for these instances. It was a Fotodiox 312AS. It was just the right amount of fill for just about every shot. Most useful lenses of the day? Those would be the Panasonic 42.5mm f1.8 and the Panasonic/Leica 25mm f1.4 Summilux.

I will be out of the office for the next two to two and a half days. I'm booked pretty tightly so I'm pretty sure I won't be producing any blog entries. Drink more coffee and search out some of the older blogs we've written just for fun.

The season of work is upon us. Also, will have our hands on an A7R2 for testing next Monday. We'll see if the new camera really lives up to its hype...

Too much fun.

All the best, Kirk (19,969,007 and counting....)

No comments: