10.04.2013

Sharing some night time images from the Galaxy NX. Just for fun.

There's were taken on the first night I arrived in Berlin...






These were taken in Berlin with the Samsung Galaxy NX camera and either the 30mm f2 (nice) lens or the 18-55mm kit lens (really nice for a "kit" lens). I think the camera is a great low light shooter. No problems with focus or exposure even though there's a lot of light and dark.

I now have two of the Galaxy NX cameras and I'm starting to use them for some of my client projects. I've gained confidence in the camera and even more so in the lenses.

I'll be speaking about and demo-ing the camera at the Samsung booth in a couple weeks at Photo Plus in NYC. If you are heading up for the show be sure to come by and see me. I think I'll have plenty of time to chat and meet. Coffee is just assumed. I'll be there the 24th-26th.

Hope to see some VSL readers. 

1 comment:

Mike said...

Sorry to trouble you, but you use a Galaxy NX. Do you use RAW, or' just' JPEG? Mine seems to lock-up on RAW, NOT burst shooting, and if I press the power button I get a message saying that the power button is inactive while it is saving files. After 2-3 minutes (no exaggeration), it finally clears, and I can use the camera again. I've tried resets, different cards, etc, but it keeps doing this. I have been a photographer for over 60 years, digital for well over 15 years, a computer programmer for more than 45 years, and I really don't think it is finger trouble on my part, and this seems to me to be a firmware issue.

Again, sorry to bother you, but I really want to resolve this frustrating issue. In the meantime I'm more than happy with my GH3, GX7 and E-M5 cameras (sad, I know, but I really get pleasure from trying these different cameras, compensation for my lack of the really important skills of SEEING photos, but I'm ***NOT*** a 'pixel peeper).

I'm not a people photographer, but do a lot of photography of museum objects, so I have found your Craftsy tutorials really interesting in terms of better understanding lighting (and also your books) - thanks so much.