4.15.2011

Three Days of Lighting and Hanging Out With Young Photographer/Students.


Well, not this young.  And with better equipment.  And in a bigger space.

I've been asked by the Mac Group, the people who represent Profoto in the USA, to speak as part of their "Mac on Campus" initiative.  I'll be speaking on Tues. the 19th at the Art Institute here in Austin.  One Weds. the 20th I'll spend the day with the classes at San Antonio College (took a biology course there when I was in high school ) and then, on the 21st I'll be doing a morning and an afternoon session back here in Austin at Austin Community College.

I'm dragging some of my own, favorite Profoto gear along with me but for the most part I'll be talking about lighting and doing demonstrations of my favorite lighting techniques.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but Tuesday, April 19th is unveiling of BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Another photographic tool in your ever increasing arsenal.

Bold Photography said...

Ah, but to be young (and a student) again... just think about how much I wanted NOT to be a student...

But the opportunity for hands on instruction by someone of your caliber could have easily changed the course of my career... sigh.

Enjoy! Teaching/mentoring gives me great satisfaction, and I'm sure it does for you as well. We don't HAVE to make money every time we click the shutter, but it sure helps...